Thursday, January 17, 2013

We Come Running


The runner in me might have inched her way back into my soul.  Last night I ran my first 5k this year!  (with the help of B)

Bri and I have decided to log our runs and share them with each other.  Knowing I have to send my speed, distance, and all that jazz to a friend makes me run until my knees give out.  I'm not a competitive person at all, but I tend to get REALLY embarrassed when I have to admit how badly I suck at stuff.  

i.e.  Arithmetic, swimming, and Guitar Hero.

I realized while I was running that the success of my run depends greatly on how well my ear buds are staying in my ears, if I'm positioned directly in front of a T.V. with control of the remote (this is only for treadmill running... which I despise!), and what music I have playing.

Which leads me to...  Cap's Running Playlist.

I decided to share some of the songs I love to run to in the form of a 32 minute playlist that includes a 9 minute cool down.  I will admit that I tend to run to REALLY terrible music.  It's a running joke (pun intended) with my sister that our tastes in music drastically decrease when we slip on those glorious running shoes.  I'll try to keep the cheesy songs to a minimum this go round.  :)

Hopefully 32 minutes gets you through a 5k, and get me closer to my New Year Resolution.  Hope you enjoy!

Cap's Running Playlist


Here's a little easier list to read with the minutes added..
Rome - Phoenix (4:45)
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet (3:35)
We Come Running - Youngblood Hawke (4:17)
Shake It Out - Florence and the Machine (4:42) 
I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift (3:39)
Ho Hey - Lumineers (2:42)
Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros (5:03)
Daylight - Matt & Kim (2:48)
We Found Love - Rihanna (3:43)  (This one gives me the extra boast I need to make it to the end!)
<Cool Down>
I Remember - Yeasayer (4:23)  
Funeral - Band of Horses (5:11)  (Fitting, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment