Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The District and Frankenstorm!

 This past weekend we spent the last of our warm days with friends in D.C.  It was fun.  J and I have added D.C. to the top of "The Places We Could Live" list.


The gang(minus me)

We found a LSU bar in Capitol Hill, and decided to hang out with the local fans.  "TACKLE HIM!" became the phrase of the game.  We stole it from the girl at the bar who thought she knew a little something about foozeball.

Molly Malone's yummy bloody mary

Casey was our good luck charm.  We started winning when she walked in!  GEAUX TIGERS!

We ate at Ben's Chili Bowl.  The place where only Obama and Bill Cosby eat free.  :)

We also ate Ethiopian food... It's still up for debate whether I like it or not.  Everyone eats from the same plate with their fingers, and that doesn't sit too well with me. ;)

That's J's hand.  He's waving to the new love of his life.  Good luck loving a med student, hot stuff!

We also had a chance to meet up with Bri and her friends! (Unfortunately, by the time we met up, I was tired of carrying my camera around... so I don't have a C&B in D.C. pic.) Being in a big city is always fun, but being in a big city with lots of friends is even better.  Life felt right again.  I got a daily Starbucks, ate lots of ethnic food, and surrounded myself with big buildings and busy streets.  I love city life.

Today, we are preparing for FRANKENSTORM!  The storm that meteorologist have started calling, "The perfect storm".  YIKES.

What does one do to prepare for their first snow storm?  

They probably fight the crowds at the local supermarkets buying candles, batteries, water, and can goods.

But we just play in the snow.  :)

Mosie's first snow

Frankenweenie! 
Be afraid.  Be VERY afraid.

Our backyard

Frankenweenie and J

The Hansel and Gretel house

Hope all of our East Coast friends stay warm and dry this week!  

-Cap

No comments:

Post a Comment