Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Facebook Dilemma

Oh social networking...

This may sound odd, but I've been having a serious debate (within my own thoughts) of kicking Facebook to the curb.  Here's a few examples why:

Phrases such as:  "Said no one EVER!" 

Words like "Son", "Cray Cray", and "Boom!"

The never ending theme of Zombies.

And those dang ecards!  WHEN DO THEY STOP?!

I realize that the previous issues could just be me being nit-picky.. so I'll give a few, more concrete, examples of some photos that have blown my mind here lately.

Note:  The following are actual posts I have recently viewed on my timeline.  I decided to save them for documentation purposes such as these:

I don't know where to begin with this one.  


DO I LIKE IT OR NOT?  SHOULD I SAVE MY MOTHER?

And what is one supposed to do with something like this?  

I had to Google "Satanas" to find out it means "Satan" in Spanish.  I am embarrassed I put that much time into such a ridiculous post, but I almost hated on them for spelling "Satan" wrong.

There are also the few people who realize how annoying all of the crazy posts are, but still somehow manage to post not so cleaver pictures like this... (which is equally frustrating)



There are also those glorious post (and once again these are actual posts from my timeline) like:

"Going to Walmart. Gotta get some stuff."

"I don't care who you voted for, but if you voted for (presidential candidate) I will straight ghetto stomp your ass."

Which may just reflect a flaw in my Facebook friending ability.

The dilemma:

The one justification I do have for keeping a Facebook account is that it allows me to keep in touch with my close friends and family from home.  I will admit Facebook has it's perks. 

 ie: Being one click away from a familiar face, laughing at the ridiculous rants, and keeping up with everyone's gym activity

But overall, it's a bit like an annoying soap opera.

Normally, this would be a no brainer... like canceling my MySpace account when the names turned into &hearts***1hotTEEwithAbodTEE***&hearts, but I don't really have a rebound network.  Not many of my family and friends use twitter, and you can't keep up with someone through Pinterest and Instagram alone. 

Facebook, I wish I knew how to quit you!

Source
- Cap

2 comments:

  1. Love following your ladies' blog. Don't know if you're already a member but you should def check out the "lives of doctors wives" group. it's private and..even though a big time sucker, an awesome support. I don't remember how I got approved to join the group but if they don't just automatically add you, let me know and I'll pass your names along.
    ~your old Woodland neighbor, Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy! :) I'm glad you enjoy reading it! Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete