Thursday, April 25, 2013

B's Vice: Reality TV

I love reality TV. A lot.

Not all of it, but most of it.

I think it all began at the very young age of 2 with the debut 
of my very first "favorite" reality show:

America's Funniest Home Videos

source

It has been all downhill since.

Remember when Nickelodeon had reality TV??

source
source
source
source

I expect that only a child of the 90s would know these shows.

Then, came the pre-teen and teenage years' obsession with 
MTV's Real World and, for a brief time, Road Rules.

source
Real World New Orleans was my favorite season by far. The dynamics were incredible. You had the hot and sexy and sensitive gay guy, Danny, who I had a major crush on--I even liked his soul patch. Then, you had the super-Catholic-uber-hip-with-his-bleached-blond-spikey-do Matt, who Julie crushed on majorly. Ah, Julie, sweet, innocent Julie, a Mormon at odds with her college's and her parents' morals. Jamie, the sexy, all-American male, loved by Melissa, the fiery and funny artist. And Kelley, who was kind of a bitch and pretty boring as she spent most of her time fighting with her hot med-school boyfriend. Finally, David was talented, a bit self-centered, but they all got along with him in the end.

source
Road Rules: Northern Trail was my fave. I loved Noah and thought Dan was such a hottie.

God, its like I'm 13 all over again!

And, then, it happened: THE BEST THING EVER.

My senior year of high school, 2004-2005, the best show, still my number one, debuted:

source

Project Runway, of course!

And these two:

(This is the USPS challenge where Jay's model--never the reliable one--partied a little too hard the night before and didn't show up for the runway. Austin--in true Austin-Scarlett fashion--volunteered to model Jay's garment. Awwwwwww. Love them.)

source

Then, came a barrage of goodies:

source
I have only ever loved Jill and Bethenny. I have always despised Luanne and Kelly.

source
My idol.

source
source
Another female, business role model. Love her.

source
source
Ugh. Olivi-a. I was on your side, Erin.

source

Yes, its true. I love the Kardashians. Haters gone hate, but you have to give them credit for being famous for...... nothing. BOOM! I also love the spin-offs: Kourtney and Kim Take Miami.

So, there you have it, a sampling of my favorite reality TV shows and how it all began.

Not included but adored equally by me: Survivor (back when it first came out), Biggest Loser, All of Gordon Ramsay's shows, House Hunters International, DUCK DYNASTY (love, love, love it), America's Next Top Model, Married to Jonas, and I am sure I've forgotten a few.

There is one new reality TV show that I gave a go, but--just--DON'T do it.
DO NO WATCH WHAT WOULD RYAN LOCHTE DO.
 It will seriously lower your IQ.

It is a terrible, terrible show. It is exactly like this:


Reality TV Shows B is Currently Watching:

-The Rachel Zoe Project - Wednesdays at 9 on Bravo
-Its a Brad Brad World - Wednesdays at 10 on Bravo
-Project Runway - Thursdays at 9 on Lifetime - until the finale tonight!
-Hell's Kitchen - Mondays at 8 on Fox
-Married to Jonas - Sundays at 10 on E

I swear I am not as vapid as my taste in reality TV.

What are your TV vices, or just vices in general?

-b 

No comments:

Post a Comment