Monday, April 8, 2013

hello spring!


This winter seemed as though it would never end.  After some unexpected snowfall last week, I was seconds away from a breakdown.  That would have marked a first in breakdowns from precipitation... and it would have been well deserved.

This is what my front yard looked like on April 4th.  I laughed at first, and then nearly cried when reality set in...

A SOUTHERN GIRL NEEDS HER SUNSHINE.


Mother Nature was apparently only playing a delayed April Fool's joke on all of Southern WV, because the dreaded snow melted by sunrise the following morning.

AND THE ANGELS SING.

I get that snow can be beautiful and magical and all that jazz, but trust me dear friends... those qualities fade!

Today, I opened my front door and felt the warmth of morning light on my bare legs and arms.  It was MARVELOUS.

Hello Spring! You seem brighter and warmer this year.  Would you care to stay for a while?

It is quite fascinating to see what 70 degree weather can do to someone's soul.  In my case, it makes me eat less, run more, and smile often.  There is one downfall, and that is the sudden urge I get to eat Key Lime Pie.  Which is quite detrimental for whipping into bikini season.

But sometimes in life, you just have to say...
("Eff" picture inspired by Bri Jackson.  I think she has a "Chive On" phenomenon waiting to happen)


To celebrate Spring, here's my favorite Key Lime Pie Recipe:
Courtesy of Nicole Green




Key Lime Pie  
3 cups condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup lime juice
1T lime zest
Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350 for 5 mins.

Graham Cracker Crust
I did not make my own crust this time, but just in case you're feeling very Martha Stewart-esque....I have used this recipe before. 

Whipped Cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
3 T confectioners' sugar
Whip heavy cream until it starts to thicken.  Add in vanilla extract and sugar until soft peaks form.  Spread over pies using a spatula or piping.


Serve with love and ENJOY!
Happy Spring Friends!

-Cap



No comments:

Post a Comment